- We will soon be eating good, fattening Christmas food.
- We will soon be seeing people that we often only see on holidays.
- We will soon be watching 18 of the 24 hours of A Christmas Story.
- We will soon be sending blanket texts to everyone in our phones wishing them merry xmas xoxo lol ttyl
- We will soon be scrambling to get gifts that we need last-minute (a gas card we pick up on the way to grandmas or a re-gifted gift you decide you can live without)… but here are some better ideas.
Run out of money? Do something homemade. Bake something tasty or make a handmade coupon book extending your generosity and time to a loved one. Get creative, make it cute, and follow through! You just need construction paper, makers, maybe some glue and glitter, and some fun ideas. Offer to wash their car, make them dinner, take them to the zoo, organize their pantry/garage/junk drawers… walk their dog(s), babysit, spend a whole day as their indentured servant. Cater to them, they will appreciate the thought.
This may just be me… but I love getting magazine subscriptions for Christmas. You have something to look forward to all year! Order it online, go pick up this month’s issue at the convenient store, hand it to them with a card that states, “Hope you enjoy! You will be receiving this once a month against your will for the next year.”
And… if you must brave the crazies at the mall or major retailer, remember two things:
- For women, “smelling good never goes out of style”. (quoted by Freddie Chappell LLC Trademark 2010 B&BW Lexington, KY 0012394312)
- For men, beer, man movies, pocket knife. Or socks.